Sunday, August 12, 2007

Virtual Learning Environments

Blog Entry 7-2-07 (Virtual Learning Environments)
Unfortunately our computer was not working at the time for the Elluminate session on VRL Environments. I did go the website and watched the YouTube Video on how to create a Second Life Account. I must say, I thought it is very interesting, but I’m a bit hesitant about this program.

Maybe I’m just not clear with all the possibilities and positives that come along with a creating a second life, but I’m not feeling the need to take part in this type of environment, nor have this be a part of the classroom.

I don’t understand why kids need a second life when they should be living and enjoying their own. With all the information and various games and what not on the computer these days, I don’t feel that kids and adults are giving enough time to enjoy the environment and people around them. I feel that sometimes kids, and adults for that matter, are getting so wrapped up in technology and are beginning to live lives succumbed to the computer rather that taking advantage of communicating with other people and being active human beings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about Second Life. I am having a hard time seeing a place for it in the classroom. I missed the tour as well though. I think technology can run our lives rather than aid and improve them if we are not careful.